Voyageur Spirit FPSO – Fabric Maintenance
Location: Voyageur Spirit FPSO, United Kingdom Continental Shelf
Ongoing provision of fabric maintenance works on board Voyageur Spirit FPSO while on location in the North Sea (Huntington Field).
Scope of Work
The primary scope of work was to provide surface coatings preparation and maintenance, as well as small to moderate structural modification.
Additionally, NRC Environmental Services UK provided tank cleaning, waste treatment, and emergency response teams (ERT) during shutdowns and regular maintenance projects.
During the project, a NRC Project Manager was permanently located in the Teekay Voyageur Spirit Office. The NRC project manager worked as part of an integrated team.
NRC has been providing ongoing fabric maintenance on the Voyageur Spirit since July 2015. And, the project is currently ongoing. The regular 3-person team work on a rotational basis. As needed, we add team members to provide additional services.
Since July 2015, fabric maintenance projects completed by NRC has included:
- Scraping, sanding and 3 stage coating of main deck handrails (level 51000) including replacement of defective handrails
- Main deck and Port Deck UHP blasting and 3 stage coating
- Scraping, sanding and 3 stage coating of main deck and level 47800 handrails including replacement of defective handrails
- Main deck central walkway and handrails surface preparation and 3 stage coating
- Modification and replacement of lube oil vent supports
- Diesel compressor room cleaning, abrading and solvent washing before applying 3 stage non-skid coating
- Diesel generator room cleaning, abrading and solvent washing before applying 3 stage non-skid coating
- Process deck area cleaning, abrading and solvent washing before applying 3 stage non-skid coating to damaged areas
- Replacement of temporary scaffold gates with permanent fall protection gates in 3-locations within Solar & De-aerator Tower
- Installation of 4 x fall protection kick-plates within De-aerator Tower
- Replacement of temporary scaffold handrails with permanent handrails to HP Compression Gas Scrubber area
- Thorough cleaning (including removal, degreasing and reinstallation of filter elements) of galley extraction canopy without disruption to day-to-day activities
- Replacement of temporary scaffold handrails with permanent handrails to Main Deck Access to COT2 Centre
Additional Maintenance Work
In addition to the above fabric maintenance works, NRC has carried out a number of additional projects on board the FPSO including:
- Provision of full ERT cover and gas testing to oversee CSE works within the crane pedestal (port and starboard crane booms)
- Separation of oil and water from contaminated slops water within the Port & Starboard slops tanks
- Cleaning of the 1st stage separator including removal of all internal furniture, removal of scale build-up (calcium phosphonate), thorough cleaning of the internals followed by reinstallation of the vessel furniture
- Provision of MJI10 qualified mechanical technicians to assist with shutdown activities
- Cleaning of 2 fresh water tanks each with 100mᶟ volume
- Pumping out and cleaning internals of H2S Scavenger tank
- ERT cover and cleaning of 2 x ballast tanks, 2 x starboard and 5 x port tanks
- Working at Height and Confined Space working
Restrictions and Considerations:
- Co-ordinating and scheduling of works to meet Client operational requirements
- Hazardous environment – Vessel Entry Working, access and egress
- Project Manager working as part of integrated team within Client’s office
- Multi-skilled workforce to maximise productivity
- Fabric Maintenance project duration – 1 year, 3 months (and currently ongoing)