NRC will conduct business in a manner which assures the health and safety of our employees and the general public, protection of the environment, the quality of our services and compliance with all legislation and Industry-accepted standard of practice wherever we operate.
To achieve this policy, NRC is committed to:
- Providing a framework for a healthy and safe workplace
- Protecting and preserving the environment
- Complying with client and legislative requirements
- Developing and implementing systems and procedures designed to comply with applicable laws, legislation, licensing requirements and stakeholder expectations
- Identifying, analyzing and managing health and safety risks and environmental impacts arising from NRC activities
- Providing safe workplaces, equipment and systems of work Preventing, responding to and effectively managing emergencies
- Monitoring, auditing and continually improving HSEQ performance through regular review of our objectives and targets and the implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Ensuring through formal systems that employees are trained and competent for the roles that they are employed to perform
- Involving and engaging our employees and other stakeholders as part of the continual improvement process
Our Ultimate Goals
- Prevent work-related injuries or illnesses Prevent adverse impacts to the environment from our operations
- Prevent damage to property and/or equipment from our activities
- Provide services that exceed customer expectations
- Responsibilities have been established at all levels within the company for health, safety, environmental and quality (HSEQ) management.
- Management is responsible and accountable for the implementation and enforcement of HSEQ policies and procedures
- HSEQ performance is tracked and metrics designed to help achieve established goals
NRC employees are empowered and have an obligation to:
- STOP any activity that may have a negative impact on Health, Safety, Environment or Quality
- Conduct themselves in accordance with HSEQ requirements
- Immediately report safety, health and/or environmental incidents to their supervisor
- Take individual responsibility, provide feedback and openly engage with others
This policy is to be displayed prominently in all permanent and temporary NRC offices where employee information is normally communicated. An electronic version will also be posted on the NRC intranet and website. A copy of this policy will be provided to entities working for, or on behalf of NRC.
These will be NRC’s guiding principles in our business conduct and commercial agreements. This policy is applicable to all projects, operations, subcontractors and NRC personnel worldwide.
President & CEO
Senior Vice President – International