Meet Jason Potts
As the West Region Emergency Response Manager for Land Services, Jason is the primary POC responsible for customer satisfaction and training programs, as well the allocation of resources, for our rail clients in the region.
He has also served as the PNW Emergency Response Manager overseeing the recruitment and training land emergency response staff including the development of services, management of resources and overall preparedness for the land based emergency response division.
Jason has completed in excess of 1,000 land-based hazardous materials responses for NRC customers including the Department of Ecology, Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, Environmental Protection Agency, Drug Enforcement Agency, and many other public and private entities.
These responses involved transportation accidents, railroad derailments, industrial fires, tanker truck rollovers, bio-hazard incidents, and many types of hazardous materials events.
Areas of Expertise:
- Land Based Emergency Response
- Resource Management
- Recruitment, training and development
Education and Specialized Certifications:
- HAZMAT Response Specialist and Technician
- Hazwaste Supervisor Training
- Explosive Ordinance Response Training
- Hazardous Materials Incident Commander
- Tanker Roll-Over Training
- Railroad Tank Car Specialist
- Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Warfare Training
- National Fire Academy: Emergency Response to Terrorism, Company Officer
- Dept. of Homeland Security TWIC
- ICS 800 Level Training
- Chlorine Institute CHLOREP Advanced Chlorine Training
- OSHA HAZWOPER – 240 Hours
- OSHA Annual Update
- OSHA Supervisory Training
- PPE Qualified for Level A
- Respirator Fit Tested
- First Aid / CPR / Blood Borne Pathogen Training with Annual Updates
- Forklift Operation
- Confined Space Entry & Rescue
- Washington State Patrol/Fire Protection Bureau Hazardous Materials Train the Trainer